Republican Dumpster

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tom DeLay and Others

Hello again,

I decided to take a break from writing my sitcom about old Pat and Jerry and wanted to focus on the world of corruption. Specifically, Tom DeLay and those that might be going down the same path of enlightenment, "in the biblical sense" since Terminator Tom believes in "God" and his teachings. I will also touch on Al Franken, a wonderful author and I might add, great researcher of political misgivings. I will add my comments to help "elevate the discourse" in red where "I" feel appropriate.

On Terminator Tom:

He states that the current charges leveled against him are politically motivated.
T.T., get over it, you have systematically proven time and time again that you are motivated politically to "Hammer" anyone that gets in your way.

He also states that these charges should be dismissed because they are reprehensible, unjust, and plain old unfounded.
Again T.T., get over it, if this is the case, then the presiding judge would have dismissed them. As for the charges being reprehensible, unjust, and plain old wrong, I seriously doubt that this is the case. The word reprehensible seems to be floating around the Rep. vernacular lately, with VP Cheney using that word at least 37 times to describe Representative Murtha's comments and also to pass it off as partisian politics.

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their Representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the public trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by special interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know...I say the best disinfectant is full disclosure, not isolation." - U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay, 11/16/95 http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=1995_record&page=H13081&position=all

Well, the statement above should just about do it for old T.T. In closing this discussion, I would like to say that it is time for voters to wake up, while we work at sometimes boring jobs, our elected representatives are just taking the money and running. This is not new, nor is it an acceptable way to execute the offices in which these politicans hold, time for some true accountability.

Time for my daily rant about old Pat Robertson, nothing new, but I will add Day 3 on Wed.

I wanted to discuss the old elephant in the corner issue, intelligent design according to Pat and the theory of evolution. There is a great satirical segment by Al Franken in one of his CDs that I just picked up, I implore you to listen to it, it is great.

Pat feels that only the bible can give an accurate account for the creation of all life on Earth, he specifically quotes Genesis. The premiss here is that he believes it is some form of science and therefore should be taught in school science classes. Nothing could be further from the truth. ID is based on the biblical teachings and is not science and no, there have not been any discoveries that support any of the claims otherwise. Of course, there are a few books that attempt to use science, but they have been discredited, usually from the minute they hit the shelves, I suggest some people pick them up and read them.

I have a strong faith in the biblical teachings and having said that, I have not discovered anywhere in the bible that it directs me to go to any church and listen to a prophet minister the word of God to me and my family. The bible to state that he whomever shall read these words shall believe, or something similar.

These Pats of the world have truely lost there faith and replaced it with hate and intolerance of others. Faith, blind faith can lead to serious consequences if taken wrongly, which is normally the case with false prophets. I have often wondered if the viewers of these TV shows have asked themselves an important question: "Why is old Pat always asking me for money," and more importantly, "Why do I always give it." Has anyone been able to connect the dots with this one, Pats Miracle Loss Shake, it seems to me that is correlates with the current diet trends that have been sweeping across the nation.

Please do not misunderstand me, I think that faith and religion plays an important role in society today. It should not be used as a wedge item by religious zealots to help push their agenda. Look back historically and you will notice that religious zealots with an agenda have created more death than life, and have also increased their own wealth.

In the words of Dan Brown: History is written by the winners, specifically, the winners that were able to conquer and survive.

Thanks
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home